What You Can Do To Save Historic SAMOHI From DEMOLITION.... FLYER BELOW
1. Write to the School Board and the District Superintendent and ask them to halt next summer’s demolition so preservation experts can examine the possibility of rehabilitating and modernizing the historic buildings. Remind them that rehabilitation teaches sustainability, and honoring the past as we modernize for the future gives context and value to the study of history and culture. Tell them that historic school buildings throughout the region and state have been successfully modernized and have won awards for it.
2. Virtually attend an upcoming school board meeting (1st & 3rd Thursdays) and ask to comment.
3. Sign the petition to save the buildings.
4.Join the Santa Monica Conservancy and increase the reach of your voice for preservation in Santa Monica.
5. Visit the Santa Monica Conservancy’s advocacy page on this campaign for more detailed information
6. Urge others to take these actions.
Leave a Reply.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.